The Many Faces of Erectile Dysfunction
It’s not uncommon for men to experience erectile dysfunction (ED) at any age. However, it is more common by age 40, where approximately 40% of men experience mild to moderate symptoms associated with ED. By age 50, there is a 50% chance of erectile issues. Studies estimate that over 30 million American men suffer from various forms of ED ranging from mild to severe.
Erectile issues are not only a confidence-killer, but can cause distress in a relationship, as well as depression and anxiety. Random episodes can happen for any number of reasons and ongoing episodes of ED can be frustrating, isolating, and even a warning sign of a more serious medical problem.
Many factors can cause ED including:
- A single stressful event or ongoing stress
- Chronic depression and/or anxiety
- Conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, or high cholesterol
- Side effects from certain medications
- Smoking, recreational drugs and excessive alcohol use
- Peyronie’s Disease (scar tissue)
- Prostate issues
- Low blood flow
- Lack of use, as in a sexless marriage or abstinence from sex (ie: “you use it or lose it”)
- Lifestyle factors such as a sedentary lifestyle, poor diet, sleep issues and stress
Your Erectile Dysfunction (ED) treatment will be performed in Cleveland Health Group‘s office located in Independence, Ohio.
Signs & Symptoms
The main symptom of Erectile Dysfunction (ED) is a man’s inability to get or keep and erection firm enough for sexual intercourse. Other symptoms include:
- Inability to hold an erection with change in position
- Performance anxiety
- Reduced interest in sex
Other sexual disorders related to ED include:
- Premature ejaculation
- Delayed ejaculation
- Inability to achieve orgasm with sufficient stimulation
How We Can Help: Treatments
At Cleveland Health Group, we offer several treatment options that are evidence-based, proven effective, and less invasive than traditional therapies.
Bioidentical Hormone Pellet Therapy by bioTE
Replacing loss testosterone in the form of bioidentical hormone pellets in men has proven not only to help with erectile issues, but improve energy, sleep, weight control and sexual desire. It all starts with a simple blood test.